In adult education classrooms, maintaining a sense of community and individualized support is critical. Many ABE learners have been unsuccessful with 'sit and get' strategies and crave a learning environment that is personalized to their individual needs. To create an effective classroom that seamlessly blends technology into instruction, consider the following questions:
- How will I manage learner engagement challenges during digital interactions?
- How will I create a sense of community among my learners?
- How can I consistently integrate whole group instruction, small group instruction, and peer to peer tutoring?
- How will I integrate consistent human interactions into my classroom design?
- How will technology impact classroom management?
- What new rituals and routines needs to be established?
- How will learner achievement and progress be recognized?
The following article provides more information on the characteristics of an effective learning environment.
How can we incorporate technology while maintaining the characteristics mentioned in this article?